Omg this would be fucking amazing!!
[…] try to imagine fandom’s reaction if the next big Holmes adaptation to come along had Holmes and Watson as British, yeah - young black British men, living case to case on a council estate in a dodgy area of London. How fandom would react if Sherlock Holmes didn’t employ street kids and homeless people like trained animals to do his bidding, but instead was part of that invisible underclass; if instead of having his eccentricities tolerated~ by Scotland Yard on account of being the Great White Genius, Sherlock Holmes, BME, school dropout, and sometime addict, was regarded by the police as practically a criminal already, one more thug, one more junkie, one more dealer in the making. If he had to choose between buying the week’s groceries or palming a twenty to a bored constable for the chance to spend five minutes on a crime scene, in the hope that whoever’s under enough pressure to deal with crime rates in the neighbourhood will pay him enough for a perp to feed himself and Watson for a month or two. If the greatest threat to his safety were police brutality, or the prospect of being done for a snitch; if his arch enemy weren’t Moriarty, but the systemic poverty and inequality that has him helping out his oppressors just to get by, and that makes the other side of the law look more tempting to someone with his skills every day.
I would watch the hell out of that. I’d even write for it. What do you do with Mycroft being part of the “Establishment” then? Mycroft works at the local youth center? Mycroft as a pastor, deeply disapproving of his brother’s failure to reject street culture and conform? Hell, Mycroft IS the police? Token affirmative-action face of colour, should have made DI ages ago but is still a PC even though half the force secretly ask his help? And because they resent Mycroft, they resent Sherlock even more, fueling the rivalry? Lestrade can stay a DI, with the authority to choose to work with either Holmes but not enough authority to force everyone else to do so.
I’m curious to see how Mrs Hudson and Moriarty would work in this.
Holy fuck this would be truly awesome. Mrs Hudson could be a nice woman who occasionally makes the boys a meal or offers up a warm bed during severe weather. And Moriarty, fuck. He could be like a well-to-do man who previously was in Sherlock’s situation. He somehow moved on from that kind of life, and sees a lot of himself in Sherlock actually, but hates for that reminder. Wants to take Sherlock down, put him back in his place.
Shit, this would be bloody brilliant.
aaaaalllll stuff I want to cram into the ‘#221b baker towers’ tag proper. DAMN YOU TUMBLR.
preeeeetty sure there’s nothing legally stopping anyone from writing this.
- sparkshy reblogged this from fannishcodex
- argyleredhead likes this
- paintheskywithcolor likes this
- fannishcodex reblogged this from darkpuck
- sostrangechild likes this
- shirilily likes this
- timeforanedventure reblogged this from all-the-worlds-a-fandom
- timeforanedventure likes this
- all-the-worlds-a-fandom reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- mostfamousestofhobbits reblogged this from steveholtvstheuniverse
- houseblack reblogged this from still-sophistory
- rosie-sully reblogged this from jungleplanets1
- abeautifulmelodysworld likes this
- dusty-purple reblogged this from johnhwatsn
- wubwubtheweirdo likes this
- johnhwatsn reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- gt-201 likes this
- craisan likes this
- 8adass-pir8 reblogged this from iloveyouletmejumpinyourgame
- c9eeeeed likes this
- sheep101 likes this
- curlsbatch likes this
- samanthaj1011 reblogged this from howlnymeria
- tea-n-brains likes this
- iloveyouletmejumpinyourgame reblogged this from failedcasanova
- theseoldshades likes this
- cogito-complex reblogged this from justonelasttrick and added:
- lola-owl likes this
- notdeaddetective reblogged this from doctorjohnlock
- chadsquid likes this
- theworstcasesenario reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- alittleunorthodox reblogged this from iwasbornwithmagic
- dasrachel reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- doctorjohnlock reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- booksfoodmusicsleep likes this
- tardistype221b reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- iwasbornwithmagic reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- rozdoodles likes this
- the-benediction reblogged this from dearest-watson
- the-benediction likes this
- artsyblue likes this
- intellectualbadassbooknerd likes this
- dearest-watson reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- tenthcorner likes this
- shatterdomerockstars likes this
- milarca likes this
- kitorkonnor likes this
- spinner313 likes this
- howlnymeria reblogged this from justonelasttrick
- pondgoodnight reblogged this from justonelasttrick