Omg this would be fucking amazing!!
[…] try to imagine fandom’s reaction if the next big Holmes adaptation to come along had Holmes and Watson as British, yeah - young black British men, living case to case on a council estate in a dodgy area of London. How fandom would react if Sherlock Holmes didn’t employ street kids and homeless people like trained animals to do his bidding, but instead was part of that invisible underclass; if instead of having his eccentricities tolerated~ by Scotland Yard on account of being the Great White Genius, Sherlock Holmes, BME, school dropout, and sometime addict, was regarded by the police as practically a criminal already, one more thug, one more junkie, one more dealer in the making. If he had to choose between buying the week’s groceries or palming a twenty to a bored constable for the chance to spend five minutes on a crime scene, in the hope that whoever’s under enough pressure to deal with crime rates in the neighbourhood will pay him enough for a perp to feed himself and Watson for a month or two. If the greatest threat to his safety were police brutality, or the prospect of being done for a snitch; if his arch enemy weren’t Moriarty, but the systemic poverty and inequality that has him helping out his oppressors just to get by, and that makes the other side of the law look more tempting to someone with his skills every day.
I would watch the hell out of that. I’d even write for it. What do you do with Mycroft being part of the “Establishment” then? Mycroft works at the local youth center? Mycroft as a pastor, deeply disapproving of his brother’s failure to reject street culture and conform? Hell, Mycroft IS the police? Token affirmative-action face of colour, should have made DI ages ago but is still a PC even though half the force secretly ask his help? And because they resent Mycroft, they resent Sherlock even more, fueling the rivalry? Lestrade can stay a DI, with the authority to choose to work with either Holmes but not enough authority to force everyone else to do so.
I’m curious to see how Mrs Hudson and Moriarty would work in this.
Holy fuck this would be truly awesome. Mrs Hudson could be a nice woman who occasionally makes the boys a meal or offers up a warm bed during severe weather. And Moriarty, fuck. He could be like a well-to-do man who previously was in Sherlock’s situation. He somehow moved on from that kind of life, and sees a lot of himself in Sherlock actually, but hates for that reminder. Wants to take Sherlock down, put him back in his place.
Shit, this would be bloody brilliant.
aaaaalllll stuff I want to cram into the ‘#221b baker towers’ tag proper. DAMN YOU TUMBLR.
preeeeetty sure there’s nothing legally stopping anyone from writing this.
- sheer-girdle reblogged this from peskyredhead
- but-iknewhim reblogged this from peskyredhead
- bulletproofsilence likes this
- we-had-an-appointment reblogged this from justimprobable
- moresweetly reblogged this from scottisqueer
- rainbow-travesty reblogged this from hookahheels
- rainbow-travesty likes this
- retrocentric likes this
- hookahheels likes this
- hookahheels reblogged this from bohemianarthouse
- bohemianarthouse reblogged this from proustianrecall
- in-the-age-of-queens reblogged this from alchemy
- raisinbman reblogged this from danisspot
- melody-nelson reblogged this from pauldierden
- silverathalos likes this
- pauldierden reblogged this from alchemy
- twosidesbutsamecoin likes this
- opaleyeandaugurey reblogged this from lurknomoar
- morganmaumell likes this
- raisinbman likes this
- swfan4ever likes this
- delicious-mindmush reblogged this from lurknomoar
- delicious-mindmush likes this
- kevardhu reblogged this from lurknomoar
- frenchifries reblogged this from faerie-em
- faerie-em reblogged this from lurknomoar
- thecityateme reblogged this from lurknomoar
- pornpornweedpenis likes this
- lurknomoar reblogged this from scienceandstarlight and added:
- nadryv likes this
- bubethh reblogged this from soaring-smiles
- thehobbitfromblogend reblogged this from slytherinlock
- mischievousmonstrosity likes this
- simulatedstars likes this
- genericlinic reblogged this from slytherinlock
- puttingthefuninmalfunction reblogged this from slytherinlock
- sen-ti-mentt reblogged this from slytherinlock
- sen-ti-mentt likes this
- arsin3ccupcak3s likes this
- slytherinlock reblogged this from cosettaire
- slytherinlock likes this
- montparnaasse likes this
- cosettaire reblogged this from at-heart-a-gentleman
- at-heart-a-gentleman reblogged this from capricorn-child
- captaincapitalist likes this
- kay-sometimes likes this
- transorochimaru reblogged this from dangerdagner
- machiavellias likes this
- ambertrap reblogged this from merlin-emrys